Free SCN Testing Program
Did you know that:
- Soybean Cyst Nematode (SCN) was first found in the U.S. in North Carolina in 1954?
- SCN is the most serious soybean pest in the U.S. and causes more than $1 billion in soybean yield losses each year?
- SCN is a microscopic roundworm that occurs in all major soybean production areas?
- SCN causes no specific symptoms and its effects are often not dramatic?
- Many growers do not know they have a problem until a severe infestation develops?
- Yield losses due to SCN can be over 50%?
Understanding the life cycle of SCN, routine soil testing and proper crop management can reduce the incidence of this pest.
Through a grant from the Wisconsin Soybean Marketing Board, Wisconsin growers are eligible to have 4 soil samples analyzed for SCN and other plant parasitic nematodes at no charge.
Want to test?
Request a free soil sampling kit!
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 608-262-1390