/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png 0 0 shawn conley email@example.com /wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png shawn conley firstname.lastname@example.org 18:52:002012-07-03 18:52:00Deadline Approaching for Entering the 2012 Wisconsin Soybean Association Yield Contest
Drought conditions in the Southern part of WI coupled with record high temperatures statewide has dampened the excitement of last year’s yield contest where Joe Zenz from Lancaster topped the 2011 Non-Irrigated WI Soybean Yield contest at 92.8 bu a-1planting Asgrow 2403. Jason Weigel from S+W Farms LLC, Platteville placed second at 89.7 bu a-1 with Dairyland DSR-2770/RR and last year’s winner Rick Devoe from RnK Devoe Farms, Monroe placed third at 87.4 bu per a-1with Pioneer 92Y51.
If we do get into a rainfall pattern there is still significant yield to be gained so as a friendly reminder:
- The deadline to enter the 2012 WI Soybean Yield Contest is 8/1/12.
- The objective of this contest is to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production.
- The two major changes to the 2012 contest are that irrigated and dry-land entries are combined and two winners will be selected from each of four geographical districts in the state.
- Districts are based on long term county soybean yield averages (Image 1 below).
- For more information please see the contest brochure or review contest rules. Entry forms will be posted shortly on www.coolbean.info.
For more information related to this contest please contact Shawn Conley at email@example.com.