Finalists for the 2012 WI Soybean Yield Contest are Announced
The 2012 growing season proved to be a challenge for many growers and a bin buster for others. Given these widespread challenges we again experienced great interest in the 2012 WSA/WSMB Soybean Yield Contest. The top two entries in each division (in no particular order) were:
- Kevin and Dale Bahr, Belmont (planted Trelay 24RR19)
- Nick Viney, Edgerton (planted FS HS24A01)
- Josh Trautman, Edgerton (planted FS HS24A01)
- Rick Devoe, Monroe (planted Pioneer 93Y43)
- *WI Bean Team (Adam Gaspar, David Marbuger, Scott Rowntree) Madison (planted Pioneer 92Y51)
*The WI Bean Team is ineligible for official prizes as they are grad students of Dr. Conley; however their efforts are still unofficially recognized.
- Jerry Koser, Almena (planted Pioneer 91M10)
- Jim Kroeplien, Sheboygan Falls (planted NK S21-N6)
- Steven Kloos, Stratford (planted Pioneer 91Y30)
- Paul Graf, Sturgeon Bay (planted Asgrow AG1031)
The final ranking and awards will be presented at the 2013 Corn Soy Expo to be held at the Kalahari Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells on Thursday January 31st during the WSA/WSMB annual meeting.
The contest is sponsored by the WI Soybean Program and organized to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!