/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png 0 0 shawn conley email@example.com /wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png shawn conley firstname.lastname@example.org 22:34:002013-12-04 22:34:00Finalists for the 2013 WI Soybean Yield Contest are Announced
The 2013 growing season proved to be a challenge for many growers. Given these widespread challenges, we again experienced great interest in the 2013 WSA/WSMB Soybean Yield Contest. The top two entries in each division (in no particular order) were:
- Mary Kay Booth, Cuba City (planted Asgrow AG2433)
- Dean Booth, Cuba City (planted Asgrow AG2431)
- Rick DeVoe, Monroe (planted Pioneer P28T33R)
- Ron Ellis, Walworth (planted Dairyland DSR-2190/R2Y)
- *WI Bean Team (Adam Gaspar, David Marbuger, Ethan Smidt), Madison (planted Pioneer P28T33R)
*The WI Bean Team is ineligible for official prizes as they are grad students of Dr. Conley; however their efforts are still unofficially recognized.
- Kennard Wagner, Manitowoc (planted Renk RS183NR2)
- Steve Stetzer, Melrose (planted Pioneer 91Y90)
- Steven Kloos, Stratford (planted Pioneer 91Y30)
- Paul Graf, Sturgeon Bay (planted Pioneer 90Y90)
The final ranking and awards will be presented at the 2014 Corn Soy Expo to be held at the Kalahari Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells on Thursday February 6th during the WSA/WSMB annual meeting.
The contest is sponsored by the WI Soybean Program and organized to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production.
For more information please contact Shawn Conley, WI State Soybean Specialist at 608-262-7975 or email@example.com