/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png 0 0 shawn conley firstname.lastname@example.org /wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/coolbean.png shawn conley email@example.com 20:33:002014-11-25 20:33:00Finalists for the 2014 WI Soybean Yield Contest are Announced
Finalists for the 2014 WI Soybean Yield Contest are Announced
The 2014 growing season proved to be yet another challenging year for many WI soybean growers. Given these widespread challenges, we again experienced great interest in the 2014 WSA/WSMB Soybean Yield Contest. The top two entries in each division (in no particular order) were:
- Tim McComish, Shullsburg (planted Channel 2402R2 Brand)
- Kevin Bahr, Darlington (planted Channel 2402R2 Brand)
- Travis Van De Hey, Kaukauna (planted DuPont Pioneer P22T69R)
- Ron Ellis, Walworth (planted Jung 1250RR2)
- *WI Bean Team (Adam Gaspar, David Marbuger, Ethan Smidt), Madison (planted DuPont Pioneer P28T33R)
*The WI Bean Team is ineligible for official prizes as they are grad students of Dr. Conley; however their efforts are still unofficially recognized.
- Steven Stetzer, Melrose (planted NK Brand 17G8)
- Steven Kloos, Stratford (planted DuPont Pioneer 91Y90)
- Paul Graf, Sturgeon Bay (planted DuPont Pioneer 90Y90)
- Jerry Koser, Almena (planted DuPont Pioneer 91M10)
The final ranking and awards will be presented at the 2015 Corn Soy Expo to be held at the Kalahari Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells on Thursday January 29th during the WSA/WSMB annual meeting.
The contest is sponsored by the WI Soybean Program and organized to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production.
For more information please contact Shawn Conley, WI State Soybean Specialist at 608-262-7975 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!