The finalists for the 2022 WI Soybean Yield Contest were announced today. The top two entries in each division (in no particular order) are:
- Ron Digman, Mount Hope (planted Pioneer P28A42X)
- Don and Doug Midthun, Arlington (planted Asgrow AG20X9)
- Jim Salentine, Luxemburg (planted Stine 19EC32)
- Kelly Farms, Arlington (planted Asgrow AG24XF1)
- *UW Bean Team (Mark Kendall, Andrew Malcomson, Haleigh Ortmeier-Clarke), Madison (planted Pioneer P20A22X)
*The UW Bean Team is ineligible for official prizes as they are graduate students of Dr. Conley; however, their efforts are still unofficially recognized.
-No entries were submitted for Division 2-
- Jim Wilson, St. Croix Falls (planted Asgrow AG11X8)
- Josey W. Wilson, St. Croix Falls (planted Pioneer P16A84X)
One New Contestant Award is presented statewide to the highest yield from a first-time contestant that does not place first or second in their geographic division. The 2022 recipient is:
- Daniel Ballmer, Janesville (planted Dyna-Gro S28XF92)
The final ranking and awards will be presented in February at the Corn Soy Expo to be held at the Kalahari Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells, during the WSA/WSMB annual meeting.
The contest is sponsored by the WI Soybean Program and organized to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production. For more information, please contact Shawn Conley, WI State Soybean Specialist at 608-800-7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org